Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yard work today

While the kids were enjoying there time at the Buddy Break I took the opportunity to trim the trees in the back yard. I went through & took off the branches that were head height or lower to ensure that I could ride the mower around the edge of the yard without the trees competing at which one would be able to knock me off the mower.

I went to the trimming with gusto & ended up with a huge pile of branches.

Thankfully, I was able to get in touch with my dad - who has a truck - and get his agreement to do a run to the dump for me.

Drew, Cassie and I got the truck loaded up with the help of my dad. The he, Drew and Cassie took the load off to the dump. My understanding is dad did more to unload than the kids did, but this way I was able to stay home & handle the fussy little guy (not too thrilled that he was left behind). I managed to get him to take a brief nap while they were gone and that improved his behavior for a little while.

As a reward for their labor Drew and Cassie got to play the X-box till 8 pm. They were amazed when they asked that I said yes so easily - I told them, when you've done work to earn it, I don't have a problem saying yes. Maybe they'll take more initiative - okay, I doubt it, but a mom can hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment